Ten Things To Do When You Feel Like Crap:
1. Have a really hot, long shower. Cry if you need to. Sit on the ground. Feel sorry for yourself. Let the steam soak into your skin. Let the hot water wash your face clean. But the moment you turn off that water, you are done feeling sorry for yourself. Make a decision to move on from that sadness.
2. Clean. I know, cleaning is boring and annoying - but how about that feeling you get when you are finished? The smell of the vacuum. That feeling of accomplishment? Who knows, you might even find money along the way. Totally worth it. It’s like starting with a clean slate.
3. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to for a while. If your first choice doesn’t pick up, choose someone else. Ask them all about how their lives are going and tell them about yours. Not only will it take your mind off whatever crappy thing you have been plagued by, but you will laugh with them! Laughing triggers endorphins and endorphins make you happy!
4. Go for a run or a walk. This get’s your endorphins and dopamine going crazy. You will get more energy and more happiness just because the chemicals in your body are running around!
5. Stop and take it all in. Walking in the night? Stop and look at the stars. Breathe in the cold air. Feel alive.
6. Stop whining. Ever heard the saying “love life and life will love you back”? Or, the idea of the power of attraction? It’s true! If you sit around saying “why me, waaaaa waaaa” then bad things will happen to you. You’re already defeated. If you start saying, “I will be happy, I will accomplish my ambitions, I will find love, I do look amazing, I am a great friend” etc., then not only will you start to believe them but you will be amazed at what amazing things start to happen.
7. Drink tea. This always works. Not a tea fan? Try hot water with a slice of lemon and some agave syrup.
8. Make a conscious decision to stop holding certain grudges. We all have people we have held grudges on in the past. Let them go. If you feel like you owe this person an apology, don’t be too proud. Send them a sincere facebook apology. Sincerity is in the intent, so even if it’s a 2 sentence apology - as long as you mean it it’s worth it.
9. Cook some really nice, warm food. Stimulate your taste buds with anything as simple as two minute noodles or as lavish as a three course garlic bread, pasta bake, chocolate mousse triple combo.
10. Write down a list of goals to achieve for the week. As simple as “buy insect repellent” or as large as “jog for 25 minutes non stop” and tick them off when they’re done. You will feel very accomplished and that alone will help pep up your mood!
I’m gonna do some of these things today because I’ve been rocking some pretty hardcore stress/anxiety nightmares again!
This is all really good advice!! Especially cleaning, strangely enough! Having a clean environment gives you such a boost for reals.
Extra advice: Pop your earbuds in and dance if plain ol’ exercising isn’t fun enough for you.
Make a to-do list for things you HAVE to do, but then make a to-do list for things you WANT to do. (example: rent that movie, go to the beach, call so-and-so, buy those shoes you’ve been eyeballing)
- wanderinwords reblogged this from emergencycocktail
- struggletosuccess reblogged this from no-rgasm
- theballadof2004 reblogged this from storybooklie
- theballadof2004 likes this
- storybooklie reblogged this from glitterglobe
- kiss-th3-boys-and-mak3-th3m-di3 likes this
- aynakogeraldine likes this
- neenertoyou reblogged this from activeheart
- neenertoyou likes this
- coexistinng likes this
- ffrecklee reblogged this from tak3m3far-away
- ffrecklee likes this
- tak3m3far-away reblogged this from c-l-o-u-d-w-a-l-k-e-r
- xxangelleexx likes this
- theperksofbeinganuglyshit reblogged this from theperksofbeinganuglyshit
- activeheart reblogged this from glitterglobe
- forever-wilde likes this
- everychance reblogged this from thatssopaigey
- thatssopaigey reblogged this from misguided-health-recovery and added:
- booking-a-one-way-flight reblogged this from noone-but-you
- merherder likes this
- omgdontbeafraid reblogged this from i-just-follow-my-dreams
- nothinginlifeisguaranteed reblogged this from noone-but-you
- finding-happiness-in-the-dark likes this
- thatcoffeechick reblogged this from 500-days-of-stephanie
- fitchips reblogged this from misguided-health-recovery
- 500-days-of-stephanie reblogged this from nowitstimeforbeingstrong
- stayhighallthetimeee reblogged this from noone-but-you
- stayhighallthetimeee likes this
- nowitstimeforbeingstrong reblogged this from noone-but-you
- aint-my-style--i-dont-care likes this
- misguided-health-recovery reblogged this from noone-but-you
- misguided-health-recovery likes this
- noone-but-you reblogged this from winteroblivion
- de-sti-el likes this
- wearepeople-weruletheworld reblogged this from omg-personal
- solidifyed likes this
- omg-personal reblogged this from unforqetinq
- saintlygood reblogged this from livingwithoutacare
- hole-you-left reblogged this from sexceptional
- redtangy likes this
- viccanpiercemyveil reblogged this from punkrockmermaid
- viccanpiercemyveil likes this
- berrydreamsandfantasies reblogged this from winteroblivion
- im-guccibitch likes this
- and-you-give-yourself-away likes this
- cherrytreechase reblogged this from seraeniy
- cherrytreechase likes this