Ten Things To Do When You Feel Like Crap:
1. Have a really hot, long shower. Cry if you need to. Sit on the ground. Feel sorry for yourself. Let the steam soak into your skin. Let the hot water wash your face clean. But the moment you turn off that water, you are done feeling sorry for yourself. Make a decision to move on from that sadness.
2. Clean. I know, cleaning is boring and annoying - but how about that feeling you get when you are finished? The smell of the vacuum. That feeling of accomplishment? Who knows, you might even find money along the way. Totally worth it. It’s like starting with a clean slate.
3. Call a friend you haven’t spoken to for a while. If your first choice doesn’t pick up, choose someone else. Ask them all about how their lives are going and tell them about yours. Not only will it take your mind off whatever crappy thing you have been plagued by, but you will laugh with them! Laughing triggers endorphins and endorphins make you happy!
4. Go for a run or a walk. This get’s your endorphins and dopamine going crazy. You will get more energy and more happiness just because the chemicals in your body are running around!
5. Stop and take it all in. Walking in the night? Stop and look at the stars. Breathe in the cold air. Feel alive.
6. Stop whining. Ever heard the saying “love life and life will love you back”? Or, the idea of the power of attraction? It’s true! If you sit around saying “why me, waaaaa waaaa” then bad things will happen to you. You’re already defeated. If you start saying, “I will be happy, I will accomplish my ambitions, I will find love, I do look amazing, I am a great friend” etc., then not only will you start to believe them but you will be amazed at what amazing things start to happen.
7. Drink tea. This always works. Not a tea fan? Try hot water with a slice of lemon and some agave syrup.
8. Make a conscious decision to stop holding certain grudges. We all have people we have held grudges on in the past. Let them go. If you feel like you owe this person an apology, don’t be too proud. Send them a sincere facebook apology. Sincerity is in the intent, so even if it’s a 2 sentence apology - as long as you mean it it’s worth it.
9. Cook some really nice, warm food. Stimulate your taste buds with anything as simple as two minute noodles or as lavish as a three course garlic bread, pasta bake, chocolate mousse triple combo.
10. Write down a list of goals to achieve for the week. As simple as “buy insect repellent” or as large as “jog for 25 minutes non stop” and tick them off when they’re done. You will feel very accomplished and that alone will help pep up your mood!
I’m gonna do some of these things today because I’ve been rocking some pretty hardcore stress/anxiety nightmares again!
This is all really good advice!! Especially cleaning, strangely enough! Having a clean environment gives you such a boost for reals.
Extra advice: Pop your earbuds in and dance if plain ol’ exercising isn’t fun enough for you.
Make a to-do list for things you HAVE to do, but then make a to-do list for things you WANT to do. (example: rent that movie, go to the beach, call so-and-so, buy those shoes you’ve been eyeballing)
- stage2 likes this
- imwiththeangelsbutnotoneofthem reblogged this from the-girl-with-the-delorean
- mag-dalenaa likes this
- virtuousvidette likes this
- ashkatv reblogged this from deadxterror
- stanthedragon likes this
- guuuuuurlplease likes this
- guuuuuurlplease reblogged this from the-fish-disapproves
- deadxterror reblogged this from turntechgodhime
- deadxterror likes this
- arctic-days reblogged this from lelething
- arctic-brony likes this
- lelething reblogged this from turntechgodhime
- lelething likes this
- the-fish-disapproves reblogged this from iwoulddiewithoutchocolate
- sighsdramatically likes this
- hotchocolateintheteapot reblogged this from cassidysux
- purplelipsticklove likes this
- countryroadslover likes this
- iwoulddiewithoutchocolate reblogged this from my--minds--shipwrecked
- kiriamara reblogged this from vivid-escapist
- notoddbutood reblogged this from it-has-to-be-amazing
- klainebowcupcakes reblogged this from the-girl-with-the-delorean
- vivid-escapist reblogged this from it-has-to-be-amazing
- nightywing07 likes this
- alyssumflower likes this
- wizardsandwallflowers reblogged this from the-girl-with-the-delorean
- morgenstcrn likes this
- my--minds--shipwrecked reblogged this from the-girl-with-the-delorean
- figuringoutstuff reblogged this from the-girl-with-the-delorean
- figuringoutstuff likes this
- the-girl-with-the-delorean reblogged this from it-has-to-be-amazing
- it-has-to-be-amazing reblogged this from ahopelessinfinity
- too-asian-to-be-white likes this
- tarcaryen likes this
- i-artemissed likes this
- lumpyspacesydney reblogged this from sophieehatter
- a-guy-who-listens-to-you reblogged this from sophieehatter
- arendellesque likes this
- ravenclaw-wand likes this
- sophieehatter reblogged this from rcogers
- sophieehatter likes this
- rcogers reblogged this from punkrockmermaid
- bee-fields likes this
- stuffedcheles likes this
- loveblop reblogged this from cassidysux
- fairyfox reblogged this from theuncommonplace